New head football coach Jim Harbaugh is on the cover of the February issue of The Wolverine. This issue includes our complete package covering the hiring of Jim Harbaugh, with the inside story of how Michigan landed its No. 1 candidate, reactions from current and former players and the media to the hiring of Harbaugh, a look at the assistant coaching staff Harbaugh has put together, analysis of how the Wolverines might shape up on the field, a feature about Jack Harbaugh, and more!
• Full coverage of the dismissal of Brady Hoke and the ongoing search for a new head coach
• A recap of the annual Football Bust, honoring the football team’s seniors, including a section highlighting the best of the outgoing players’ speeches at the event
• A look ahead to the way the 2015 Wolverines will shape up, with our projections of who will start at every position.
• An in-depth report on the state of the Michigan football program, and all the ups and downs it has experienced in the last eight seasons
• A profile of emerging cornerback Jourdan Lewis
• Our men’s basketball preview section, with feature stories about the four returning veterans in the backcourt, and the young but talented frontcourt, plus bios of all the players, notes, the team roster and the schedule
The October issue of The Wolverine has junior wide receiver Devin Funchess on the cover.
The month’s feature stories include:
• An article about the emergence of Funchess as U-M’s No. 1 receiver
• A look at the young and talented, but banged-up, defensive secondary
• An analysis of what Michigan must do to bounce back from the loss at Notre Dame
• An in-depth Q&A with AD David Brandon about the state of Michigan athletics
The feature stories in the September issue include:
• Our ranking of the top 25 players on this year’s football team
• A look at the battle among Michigan’s running backs to earn the starting position
• A profile of talented freshman defensive back Jabrill Peppers and how he might be used this season
• A class-by-class look at the progress of each of U-M’s recruiting classes from 2010-13